Data Controller for SAS: Viewer¶
The viewer screen provides a raw view of the underlying table. Choose a library, then a table, and click view to see the first 5000 rows. A filter option is provided should you wish to view a different section of rows.
This button shows a range of options. If the table is editable, you will also see a EDIT option.
The Download button gives several options for obtaining the current view of data:
1) CSV. This provides a comma delimited file.
2) Excel. This provides a tab delimited file.
3) SAS Datalines. This provides a SAS program with data as datalines, so that the data can be rebuilt as a SAS table.
4) SAS DDL. A download of a DDL file using SAS flavoured syntax.
5) TSQL DDL. A DDL download using SQL Server flavoured syntax.
Note - if the table is registered in Data Controller as being TXTEMPORAL (SCD2) then the download option will prefilter for the current records and removes the valid from / valid to variables. This makes the CSV suitable for DC file upload, if desired.
Web Query URL¶
This option gives you a URL that can be used to import data directly into third party tools such as Power BI or Microsoft Excel (as a "web query"). You can set up a filter, eg for a particular month, and refresh the query on demand using client tooling such as VBA.